When it comes to salads, everyone understands that it is the food in the group that keeps them in shape. Healthy Because most of the word salad means food that is the main ingredient is vegetables. When wanting to lose weight or to control weight, they choose to eat salad because they understand that it provides energy. (Less calories) does not cause fat But some people eat salad, the weight does not lose May also increase It makes many people wonder why eating salad, but a bad figure.
The answer is that although the salad is a vegetable-based food, other ingredients Contained in salad plates, it will add more energy, such as salad dressing, bacon or bread topped with salad. Are all the energy booster to the salad. So if you want to choose a salad bar to be in shape Therefore should choose the correct type and quantity
Best practices when choosing a salad bar:
• Pick vegetables on the plate before choosing other food. Because vegetables are low in energy but high in fiber Choose dark green leafy vegetables first, such as spinach, lettuce, broccoli, bell peppers, shredded cabbage before scooping the lettuce. This is usually the first vegetable on the salad bar, as lettuce contains less nutrients than dark green leafy vegetables. (Quantity as much as needed)
• Followed by colorful fresh vegetables such as tomatoes, carrots, eggplants, yellow peppers and mushrooms, as fresh vegetables are loaded with antioxidants that help keep the body healthy. Dietary fiber from vegetables helps to trap fat and cholesterol. If you don’t like eating fresh vegetables, you can choose boiled vegetables or grilled vegetables. But you should not choose canned vegetables or pickles. (Quantity as much as needed)
• Choose bean sprouts because bean sprouts are a high protein and low energy vegetable. Plus the Satiety Index (Satiety Index) that tells about foods that help keep the stomach and fuller for a long time. The value of the sprouts will be at the top. Causing when eating bean sprouts will be full and do not have a fussy appetite (Quantity as much as needed)
• Choose beans, such as white beans, red beans, black beans, green peas. These grains are high in fiber. Provides proteins and provides beneficial phytochemicals to the body. (Not more than 1-2 tablespoons)
Baby corn and boiled corn Corn is a grain that offers high nutritional value. Delicious But also high in carbohydrates Therefore, the lap time should not be too much. (Not more than 1-2 tablespoons)
Choose fresh fruit better than canned fruit, dried fruit and other processed fruit. Many people understand that fruit is a healthy food and you can eat it as much as you can. Which the fact is that the fruit is actually beneficial to the body But the fruit has sugar as an ingredient. Therefore, if you eat a lot, it will cause the excess sugar to turn into body fat as well. The reason why you should eat more fresh fruit than dried fruit or dried fruit is because the amount you eat will get more and help you feel fuller. Fresh fruits to choose should be those that are low in sugar, such as guava, apple apple, dragon fruit, cantaloupe, and berries (2-4 tablespoons).
• Choose protein foods such as low-fat meats (boiled eggs, ham, chicken breasts, fish, boiled shrimp) or tofu (tofu, protein sheets). And full faster than eating vegetables alone Choose proteins that are low in oil, such as boiling, steaming, grilling instead of sautéing and frying with oil or butter (1-2 tablespoons).
• Be wary of sprinkles such as sugar-coated nuts, bacon, crisps and crisps, as these foods, even if eaten very little, are high in energy. And make more fat (avoid or eat little)
• Dressing is something to be very careful with. For those who want to lose or control weight Because each type of salad dressing will have different components. Give different energy Creamy salad dressings often contain mayonnaise, salad cream, oil, sugar, cheese, which are energy-dense, so they should be avoided or eaten sparingly. Should choose clear salad dressing or salad dressing. Less energy Or sometimes just a squeeze of lemon juice and a pinch of salt and pepper will make the salad taste good. Make it taste different vegetables Because sometimes when we add a lot of salad dressing, it doesn’t taste of the real vegetables (Small volume Or may be scooped into a small divided cup And fill as much as you can eat Better than scooping it on the whole salad plate)
Things that should not be forgotten before choosing a salad bar are: It’s a good idea to walk through the food groups in the salad bar before taking the scoop, maybe a couple of laps to plan the scoop. Not giving too much left and not causing excessive eating because of regret. Another important thing is that when eating, chew food slowly. And relax in order to achieve happiness during eating, it will help the digestive system better. Contribute to good and healthy body