To treat the sunburnt face, you can use natural remedies, such as the ones we will share throughout this article. However, there is no better treatment than good prevention.
Know what to do to treat the sunburnt face, a problem that arises very often as the weather starts to get a little warmer . This condition usually appears a few hours after overexposure to ultraviolet light from the sun or from artificial sources, such as tanning beds.
Repeated exposure to intense sunlight increases the risk of damage to the skin and certain diseases . Among the damages, we can highlight:
- Dry or wrinkled skin.
- Dark and rough stains.
- Skin cancer.
To treat a sunburnt face, you can use natural remedies, such as the ones we will explain throughout this article. However, there is no better treatment than good prevention. Therefore, the ideal is to protect your skin with sunscreen if you are exposed to radiation.
In addition, you must protect your skin on sunny days and on cold or cloudy days , as UV rays arrive in the same way, not with so much intensity, but they continue to penetrate the body.
Effects of the sun on the onset of skin cancer
The skin uses sunlight to help produce vitamin D. This vitamin is important for bone formation . However, UV rays can sometimes be harmful.
UV rays penetrate the outer layers of the skin and pass to the deeper layers, where they can damage or kill skin cells . People who have little melanin and burn very easily should protect themselves even more. In addition, they should limit the total time of exposure to the sun, especially exposure between 10am and 5pm.
Frequent exposure to ultraviolet rays for several years is the main cause of skin cancer . For this reason, it is important to review and detect stains or suspicious changes in an existing skin lesion. Early detection and treatment are essential to increase skin cancer survival rates.
Natural remedies to treat sunburnt face
1. Watermelon and melon
If the damage is already done and, unfortunately, your face is sunburned, there is a natural remedy in two fruits: watermelon and melon. In the case of watermelon, the peel is used to relieve the pain of burns, as it has a high moisturizing effect .
- First, wash the burn with cold water and gently apply the rind of a slice of watermelon to the affected area.
- This effect increases if the watermelon peel still has a little pulp. Then let it sit for about 15 minutes and wash the area again with cold water.
In the case of melons, what is really useful is the pulp. Therefore, to treat the sunburned face, you must extract all the seeds from inside the fruit. After cleaning the seeds, remove all the pulp and create a kind of pasty mass.
- Using gauze, spread the pulp over the burnt area and leave it in contact for about 10 minutes. Then remove it and wash your face with cold water.
2. Natural Aloevera gel to treat sunburnt face
The crystal that the aloevera plant contains is filled with water and essential nutrients that stimulate cell repair to restore skin affected by the sun. Its properties combat dryness and soothe irritation caused by burns.
- What you should do is cut a leaf from this plant and extract the gel it contains inside. Then clean the affected area and apply a generous amount of the gel.
- Wait until dry and remove the excess with a damp towel. If the burn is recent, apply this gel two or three times a day.
3. Chamomile tea
Chamomile has a multitude of soothing and anti-inflammatory medicinal properties. Both properties are ideal for treating the sunburned face and the itching that these lesions cause.
- To use it, prepare an infusion and let it cool. Use a cloth or towel to wet the infusion and apply it to the affected area.
Although there are many natural remedies to treat the sunburnt face, it is essential to prevent this from happening. Sunburn and ultraviolet rays are the main risk factor for skin cancer; therefore, there is no excuse for not protecting ourselves from them.